Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Better Brakes

I have now had a few flights and landings on my new Q-200 taildragger brake mounts. If you scroll down to some previous posts you can see the photos of them. I really like them. They are better designed and less prone to twisting, therefore less prone to grabbing and chattering. At this point, if you are using Airheart brakes I would recommend making the change. The mounts first appeared in Q-Talk #27 and were designed by Doug Coughlin. In case you don't have that old Q-Talk I drew the parts on CAD and posted them as a .PDF file. You can get them here: Coughlin Brakes You also need to drill a hole through some 3/8-24 threaded rod (McMaster-Carr). They are really pretty easy to make. I'll try and get some more details posted in the future and I'll stick it on my website too.

No comments: