Monday, November 16, 2009

Okay, Sam. What's the latest?

Haven't posted my progress in over a month, so I better get in a little update.

I am back in the air, but still having trouble with the EFI. This weekend, I hope to fly to Nebraska to do a parts swap with Lynn French, who has a similar installation.

A recent highlight was making it to the Field of Dreams Fly-in in Beatrice, NE.

The engine works fine, until I hit 2,900 RPM, then I get a serious miss. On one occasion, I managed to get it to 3,100, but only that once. In Nebraska, we are going to swap out the sensor trigger wheel and mounting bracket assembly. I have had trouble with this early on and doing a swap will be able to confirm or discount weather that's the problem.


The plane is definitely different. It's two inches longer, at the nose, and the tail sits lower, so I am getting used to not being able to see as much out the front.

The conversion from the steam gauges to the Dynon D180 has taken some getting used to, but I definitely like it.

Is it faster? I think so, but until I get this high-end miss straightened out, I won't really know for sure. I do have over 30 flights, since the rebuild.

I'll do an update when I have something solid to report.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear you are still working on it Sam. Let us know what you learn!

- Paul

Anonymous said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL antique white Q just behind yours in the FOD photo you have posted!!!