Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Engine Start This Month

Winter has dealt an unfortunate blow. Until two days ago, we had a total winter accumulated snowfall of 3/8" and I was gloating about it. However, for the past two days, everything is shut down. The Southern Illinois Airport has been closed for two days. Even the Dairy Queen is closed. M'boro has about two plows and a they are overloaded. We are still waiting for a plow on our street.


I helped the neighbors get free two mornings in a row. Naturally, I got them out with my years of experience living up north. (beats hands on chest).

I doubt I will get to the hangar today, and tomorrow I have to drive to Chicago, to give a presentation on Friday.

Right now, it looks more like an engine on a test stand, than an airframe. I just want to get the thing running, then come the refinements.

So, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, provided I can get the plane out of the hangar. So here we sit...



No comments: