Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Darkest Night is Just Before Dawn

Now that the days are getting shorter and it's getting colder, I'm having to hunker down a little. Right now, anyway, the hangar is still tolerable. This week the indoor temperature ranges from 50 to 60 degrees and I'm still comfortable. Unfortunately, I have to keep the door closed and it makes it a little like working in a dungeon. I have a couple of halogen trouble light stands which kick out a good amount of light.

Here's a photo of the executive office:


The wiring is coming along well, but the wire count is quite high. I would say I will be having to identify, cut, add terminals, and mark over a hundred wires, before it's all done. But, like I tell my wife, this is the fun part. I should be able to permanently install the instrument panel by the end of the week.



One wire at a time, every thing is falling neatly into place. There are three major systems involved. First the aircraft electrical system, which I have made redundant because the plane is now all electric. Then, I have the Dynon FlightDek D180 EFIS/EMS system. And finally, I have the RWS EC3 electronic ignition and fuel injection system.






No comments: