Sunday, May 24, 2009

Plane Progress - Slowed to a Crawl

Okay, Sam... What's the latest? Are you close to flying again?

Well, I am closer than before. Phil Lankford, in the San Diego area is working hard to get me a new trigger wheel and mounting bracket worked up. That should show up within a couple of days.

The new Bob Archer com antenna is installed, as is the remote compass for the Dynon D180.




Since I have gotten my system back-up battery installed, I should be able to permanently install the tail cone today or tomorrow.

My back-up fuel injection system is still buggy, but I have to get the engine running again before I can try that out.

So yes, I am getting close. When I get all the pieces back on and working I'll go through my entire Annual Condition Inspection checklist and make sure that I haven't left anything out.

2 comments:

lqbanotxano said...

I don't know if I put this question in the correct place ...so here it is again.
I have a Sonerai 2S with a C85-8 that I am making a holy cowl for. Can you tell me what size are your inlet rings? I made mine 3 3/8" diameter. They will also supply the carb air & oil cooler air. My rings are homemade out of fiberglass & carbonfiber at the outside the part of the ring. I made my difussers 11 degrees with the beginning square area 1/2 of the ending sqare area. The air to the carb will come from the right defusser after a 4X7" flat oilfilled sponge filter. The oil cooler will be fed from the left defusser just like one of your FI air snorkles. Ivan in Sugar Land, Texas

Sam Hoskins said...

I have the 4 3/8" rings from Sam James Aircraft