Monday, August 04, 2014

Catching up.

Well as you know, I missed both the AirVenture Cup Race and Oshkosh.  I finally got to the point where I accepted that no matter the effort, it wasn't going to happen.  Actually, it was a bit of a relief for me, and I was finally able to get caught up with a few things, like getting a haircut and mowing the lawn.

Anyway, here is the latest with some duplication from the last post.

Thought I'd celebrate being on three wheels by getting a little air.

Engine mounted with the fuel injection harness and fuel manifold hooked up.


My little brother Robbie came down for a few days to help out.  He is glad to be out of the Chicago suburbs for a little while.


The canard after doing the epoxy wipe.  Six applications on the upper surface.


Click on this photo to see it bigger. You can really see how the scratches and pinholes are filled. After it has cured a day or two, simply block sand with 180 grit.


Sam showing a bit of stress. This was before I threw in the towel.  We did put in some long hard days.




\

Engine finally ready to go, complete with the cylinder baffling and the the upper plenum installed.  Just need to put in the oil and some gas.


Trial with my beautiful Craig Catto prop and the spinner.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Sam, this is really cool stuff, had no idea this was going on so near me :-)

Sam Hoskins said...

Thanks Steve. You'll have to some over to the hangar some time and take a look.

Unknown said...

Hi! Great blog of your journey! I'm looking into building a Q1. I have the construction manual and some other documents in digital form and is in the process of CADing it to visualize its design and construction more clearly. I imagine Q2 and Q1 have much in common. Does the Q2 have any twist in the wings? I cannot make out any twist just by looking at photos online.. Clarification much appreciated!
Please fly safely!

Sam Hoskins said...

Sangyoon, I believe all the templates are located here: http://www.quickheads.com/