Saturday, October 18, 2008

Free CAD drafting program

Not that this has much to do with anything, but I wanted to let you know that there is a nifty free Computer Aided Drafting program out there I have come to use and like. It's called SolidEdge2D. It has been great for me and it's free.

Why free? Their idea is to get you hooked on their 2D program, then hopefully, you will upgrade to 3D.

I use it mostly for my electrical drawings
Following Bob Nuckolls, AeroElectric Connection, I have a large page for the main power distribution, than an individual page for each component. BTW, if you don't have a copy, get one. I consider it a must-have.

A long time ago I used AutoCad. The company I used to work for used CoCreate's ME10, which was completely different and I grew accustomed to it. After I retired, I would have preferred to stay with ME10 but it was avilable for corporate use only.

I tried some versions of AutoCad but didn't really get along with them, then I came across SolidEdge2D.

They just released a new version, so I'm getting used to it now.


No comments: