Friday, June 05, 2009

Still Not Right

I am so frustrated. I just can't get the engine to run right. I started with a 6" trigger wheel and after much gnashing of teeth, I borrowed Lynn Frenches setup. I installed his parts, using my sensors, and the engine ran great. That much I know.

I figured my sensors were picking up noise from the rotating prop bolts and I hoped that a larger trigger wheel would help. (Please see the photos in earlier posts). I got a 7-1/2" wheel and had it modified by Phil Lankford and his buddy Jeff.

I didn't want to copy exactly what Lynn did, since he has a V-belt on his prop hub to drive an alternator. My alternator is on the pad on the accessory case.

Here's a couple pf photos of Phil & Jeff's parts.



I do have a couple of smaller diameter, and very used, electromotive sensors and I'll try rigging them up tomorrow, just to see if that makes any difference.

This sucks. Any comments, please?

1 comment:

Paul said...

Sam, my guess is that Lyn's pulley actually displaces the sensor far enough aft, away from the large bolts and bushings to make a measurable improvement.