Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another Big Day

Another step toward success.  Today I was extremely lucky to have a very special guest helper for a couple of hours.  We got the top surface of the canard and wheel pants covered in micro!  A few hours later I went back and did the rough cut with  Surform files.

We ran out of the West System epoxy hardener, so I used some old FAST hardener I had laying around.  Probably at least 6 years old and it had been opened, but it seemed to work fine.  It's the dark material in the photos. 


Few hours later I came back and hit it with the Surform file.  It's really important to do this at this stage, because a day later the epoxy gets a lot harder and it's more difficult to work.
 

To my dismay I may have a few low spots.  Maybe I'll try some spare use of the fast hardener just to get me by.


No comments: