Saturday, March 08, 2008

Instrument Panel

The big commitment started with removing all of my steam gauges and the instrument panel. I had parts coming in like crazy and, at the same time, getting rid of stuff on Ebay. I ordered a piece of aluminium and started laying out the panel.

I am jumping in with both feet and leaving little room for error. The panel will consist of:
  • Dynon FightDeck D-180
  • Panel mount for my Garmin GPS196
  • New ICOM radio
  • Transponder
  • Hobbs meter
  • Switches
That's it. No back-up altimeter/airspeed. No compass.

To pull this off, I'm going to have a great electrical system so I started by ordering a 30 amp alternator from B&C.

I then cut out the panel, installed the brackets and dropped it off to be powder coated. I would rate the powder coat job as being "fair" - no great shakes. But for now, I'll set it aside as I get into the major work.



No comments: