Saturday, December 13, 2008

Today's report

Just a quick update. I'm working on the firewall forward stuff now. The bigger challenges here are to install the trigger sensor, the four LS1 ignition coils, complete earlier work on the carbon fiber oil sump, and install the new Jenvy throttle body and linkage.

As usual, the biggest hurdle is just starting. I had been fretting about it a lot, but I found once I got started on the trigger sensors bracket that it was no big deal. Using a free CAD program, I laid out the drawing. Then it was just a lot of cutting, drilling and fitting.

My main tools are a band saw, drill press and a vice. No mill or lathe, unfortunately. Here's a couple of photos of the trigger sensor. Click on the photos to see 'em bigger.




2 comments:

Paul said...

Looking good ... I am eager to see how it turns out. Paul

lqbanotxano said...

I have a Sonerai 2S with a C85-8 that I am making a holy cowl for. Can you tell me what size are your inlet rings? I made mine 3 3/8" diameter. They will also supply the carb air & oil cooler air. My rings are homemade out of fiberglass & carbonfiber at the outside the part of the ring. I made my difussers 11 degrees with the beginning square area 1/2 of the ending sqare area. The air to the carb will come from the right defusser after a 4X7" flat oilfilled sponge filter. The oil cooler will be fed from the left defusser just like one of your FI air snorkles. Ivan in Sugar Land, Texas.