Friday, July 03, 2009

So Close I Can Taste It

I am 90% though my annual condition checklist and the thing is close to being ready.

Yesterday, I hauled it over to AvTech for weight & balance. I had the help of the instructor, Karen and two A&P students, Tom & Colin. I forgot to use my camera, but Colin grabbed these with his cell phone. Thanks folks!


I was happily surprised to see it come in under 700 pounds, 696 pounds, to be exact. I was afraid I would be in the 725 range, so 696 is good, considering all the stuff I've added. We weighed all possible combinations; empty, main tank, header tank, aux tank, pilot installed, etc. I'll figure all the arms & moments later.


Just to remind me that nothing should happen too easily, I intended to taxi the Q-200 over to AvTech for the weigh-in. Unfortunately, there was interference between my air induction tube and the cowling, which resulted in causing the lower cowl to bind against the spinner. So, today I'll have to modify the tube to better fit the cowl, blah, blah, blah.

No comments: