Sunday, December 01, 2013

The baby steps.

My rebuild had to take a pause while I fulfilled a promise I made to Sandy a year and a half ago.  I installed the new patio and retaining wall.  That was a project in itself, and you can see the detail here, if you are interested at all. In the meantime, Bob already had the engine, so at least something was getting done on the plane.






Now, back to the plane.

The AvTech department at SIU was kind enough to donate some heated space, so I will be able to work all winter.  Pretty neat.  I started by building the canard jigging table, and today I was able to start fitting the carbon fiber spars.  Next on the list is to get some hot wiring done and cut out the foam cores.



It has been 30+ years since I made the first canard, so even though I understand the big picture, quite a few of the details on how to do it are a bit hazy.  More than a few cobwebs need to be cleared out of the old brain.



No comments: