Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Exhaust & Cowling






In order to streamline everything better, I had to change how the exhaust exits the cowling. Unfortunately, I don't have those welding skills or the equipment. Fortunately, I met a fellow that had both. Don Bartlett is an engineer who has returned to school to get his A&P at SIU. I asked if he could help and he foolishly agreed.

I figured it would be a Saturday morning type job and we would be finished by noon. Wouldn't you know, we (he) wrapped it up by 7:00 P.M.

Sandy came out to provide hors d'oeuvres and adult beverages to celebrate the completion of the stacks. As Sandy conducted her investigative inquisition to learn all things about all people, we learned that Don and I went to different schools together.

I went to Libertyville High School and Don went to Carmel H.S., just a couple miles down the road. We both graduated in 1968 and had several mutual friends. "Small world" strikes again.

The next day I glued some foam onto the lower cowl and started shaping the outlets.

No comments: