Saturday, July 26, 2008

Off to Oshkosh

I have flown my little Quickie into Oshkosh 19 times and this year was to be the 20th. Oh well.

Sandy will be missing the big event. Since I wasn't planning on going, she made other plans.

I was pretty much resigned to skipping it all together this year, when Ken Robinson came along and asked me if I would like to fly his 1955 C-182 up to Wisconsin. Ken has been the benefactor of the SIU aerobatic team. Just to sweeten the pot, he is throwing in an armband.

So, how could I say no? I'll be tenting under the wing of the C-182 for a couple nights, then I'll transition to a hotel room with Rich Gibson and the Pyro crew.

One of the best things about having Race 22 at Oshkosh is just hanging around my plane and see who shows up. I get to see old friends, remote Quickie builders, former students and others - I'll miss that this year.

But, like the Chicago Cubs - Wait till next year!


No comments: